If you are single mother residing in California you can avail countless grant programs and financial assistance programs for you and your family to help fulfill your basic needs.
List of Grants for Single Mother Grants in California
Health Care Assistance For Single Moms
Healthcare expenses are a matter of concern for all, especially for single mothers with financial constraints. To fulfill this indispensable need, the state has initiated various healthcare and medical programs that cover up the expenses of hospital bills, doctor visits, lab tests, medicines, and prescriptions. The following grants cater to the needs of pregnant women, single mothers, and families with dependent children:
- Medi-Cal: California’s Medicaid program that offers Denti-Cal Program, Vision Care Program, and Medical Case Management
- Healthy Families Program
- Access for Infants & Mothers (AIM): offers low-priced insurance for pregnant women and for the uninsured
- California Kids Healthcare program: offers health care benefits to kids from age 2-18
- State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP)
Childcare Grants For Single Moms
Single mothers need child care facilities to help them meet with the costs of child care services. Mothers need to go off to work or to college hence they need reliable, recognized and safe day care centers to keep their child in trained hands. However, it can be a challenge to bear the expenses hence the state has initiated few programs to offer assistance:
- Calworks: deprived families can avail this child care assistance welfare program to attain day care benefits for their children and also pay for the services
- Child Care Resource Center (CCRC): it offers subsidy or monetary assistance to families to help them pay the day care costs. Eligible families can choose their individual child care provider and get reimbursed to a certain amount.
Housing Grants For Single Mothers
The single mother residents of Kentucky can now enjoy the benefits of rental assistance provided by the state. The state recognizes your economic limitations and also the need for an affordable and safe housing for your family hence, it provides rental grants designed to assist with the expenses of home buying. It also offers home repairing, remodeling and energy efficiency programs.
- Housing Choice Voucher Program
- Housing and Community Development Program California
- Public Housing Program
- Housing and Urban Development Department of United States
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
College Education Assistance For Single Moms
Single mothers who wish to go back to college for higher degrees to attain better-paying jobs and stable life can now accomplish their dreams. California has initiated educational programs for single mothers and other needy students by offering grant programs and scholarships to deserving and eligible moms. Fill out the FAFSA form online and avail free grants for single moms like:
- California Student Aid Commission: it offers $11,124 per year to students for admission in California university or college or technical/career school
- Cal-Learn: it is for parenting teens and pregnant moms
- Cal Grant: a need-based grant offering free grants money for single moms for college education
California has more in stock of grants for single mothers. Programs or grants like California Head Start, California CalWORKs (TANF), food stamp scheme, CalFresh (Food Stamps), California Special Program for Women, Infants & Children (WIC), California Head Start, Cal-Learn for pregnant mothers and parenting teens, Unemployment Insurance Benefits, California Paid Family Leave (PFL) Program and CALTRANS (transportation) further help to lead life with ease in spite of monetary crisis. If you too are in need, then apply today for the grants for single mothers in California.
How much does a Single Mother Get On Welfare in California?
This program enables the State of California to make an annual payment to eligible single mothers. The maximum amount of assistance a California homeowner can receive is $ 472.60.
Can I Get Financial Aid If I'm a Single Mom?
However, single mothers as college students have federal financial support. Low-income students are likely to be eligible for some form of grant, such as the Pell Grant, the largest federal grant available to students for financial reasons.