Also Read: Hardship Grants For Single Moms-Guide To Get Emergency Financial Help
Start applying now to handle your hardship situations and fulfill the needs of life.
Hardship Grants For Housing
For single mothers paying off the rent, mortgage and home purchasing expenses are quite impossible with inadequate incomes and savings. To avoid evictions and homelessness, housing grants for single moms are given by the government, state and local agencies, nonprofits, community agencies and charities that help compensate the rental bills.
• USDA Rural Development
• Subsidized Housing
• Emergency Shelter Program
• Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program
• Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
• Homeless Emergency Assistance
• Nonprofit organizations like Catholic Charities, Legal Aid Society, Salvation Army, United Way, American Red Cross
Emergency Grants for Single Moms for Hardships
Single moms often face the shortage of funds and unforeseen emergency situations that can be really intimidating. Immediate need of money may arise hence grants are given to help moms deal with the crisis situations.
• Temporary Assistance for Needy Families that helps with shelter, food, utility and other expenses
• Temporary Cash Assistance for emergency needs on temporary basis
• Unemployment Insurance
• Social Services and Cash Assistance
• Disaster Unemployment Assistance
• Assistance from nonprofits
Hardship Grants For Daily Expenses
Grants are given that help monetary deprived mothers to pay off their daily expenses. Grants are given for bills like telephone, water, grocery, internet, heating and cooling, utility, fuel, gas, cable etc. These grants help in covering the expenses or offering services at reduced price. The grants are:
• Life-line, link-up for telephone bills
• H2O Help to Others Program and The Low-Income Payment Program (LIPP) for water bills
• LIHEAP, WAP, HEAP for utility bills
• Free Gas USA Inc for gas bills
• food grants, grocery vouchers, discount plans for grocery
Hardship Grants for Day Care
To deal with hardship moments, single mothers need to work hard, spending more time in office. This requires a safe shelter for the kids. Daycares are quite expensive and paying the bills can be tough. Grants are hence disbursed to compensate the daycare bills.
• Head Start
• Local Department of Health and Human Services
• State Assistance
• Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDBG)
Start applying now for the hardship grants for single mothers. There are countless other single mother grants that can help in hardship situations. To know more read Obama Grants for Single Mothers.
How Much Does a Single Unemployed Mother Get?
Unemployment benefits are typically around $ 300 per week, although this varies from state to state and person to person based on previous income.
Do Single Mothers Receive Government Assistance?
Temporary Assistance to Families in Need (TANF): The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) provides temporary cash and food assistance to low-income single mothers. It is operated by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).